BUILDING INFORMATION MODELING
BIM technology makes our inventories not only a set of lines, fills or surface, but also a virtual reflection of the real elements of the building. In the result of the measurements and data development, the parametric BIM model of inventory object is made, which consists not only of the three-dimensional representation of the building elements, but also a number of additional information such as, for example, the material they are made of.
STAGES OF BIM MODELING
Verification of available materials
Most objects have the technical documentation archived in the form of drawings. Access to them makes our work faster and easier. They allow you to better plan the work of measuring and accurately estimate the time needed to build a BIM model. In some cases, it is possible to make a model based on these materials. There is no certainty that once drafted documentation has been fully updated during the execution of works and repair. False information, which in this way will also be on BIM model of the existing building, can lead to design errors while reconstruction or renovation, which typically expose the investor to unplanned costs during construction. The same problem applies to the object model drawn up in order to manage investment.
Preparation of specifications, template files, and plan of BIM modeling
A characteristic feature of the method of Building Information Modeling is the continuity of the use of information generated at various stages of work. In BIM the most important is information and its proper preparation, that is adequate planning and specifications preparation. Based on the available data, investor guidelines and experience in managing BIM projects, the schematic model and file structure is drawn.
Gathering information about the building
When measuring buildings depending on their nature, we use different techniques and tools. It involves the creation of BIM data from measurements of total station, at the time of their execution. Another way is to 3D scan and then modeling based on the point cloud. This technique often causes problems in the interpretation of the data from the scanner, but its advantage lies in the very short time needed for data collection in the field. We also use photographs of both ground and air (drones). Based on the images we create photogrammetric models that are the basis for development of a BIM model.
After the point cloud registration, the modeling team with BIM leader, which is responsible for the correct course of the work, can start. The first stage of realization of this step is a thorough analysis of the object in terms of the scope of work, detail of the model and determination of the appropriate scheduling of work. The correctness of the whole process ensures BIM Coordinator.
WE USE INNOVATIVE METHODS FOR COLLECTING INFORMATION ABOUT THE OBJECT
It allows you to create BIM model based on the result of the laser scan, the so-called point cloud.
Solution that allows to model object information during the measurement.
System dedicated for inventory of exterior objects over long distances.
- A database of information about the object, necessary for further repair work, maintenance or design.
- consistent and accurate technical documentation
- Any drawings (projections on any level, sections anywhere, external and internal facades)
- Quantitative statement of rooms, woodwork, other building components.
- Analysis of insolation, energy balance, construction, etc.
- Takeoff and estimate of works
- any perspective and axonometry, virtual walks, visualizations and animations
- BIM model – Virtual Building (.ifc .pla)
- technical documentation in a scale of 1:50 or 1: 100 /.dwg, .pdf, .jpg / – plans for specific heights, elevations, sections anywhere
- juxtapositions of space, volume, woodwork of window and door frames
- perspective, facility axonometry and additional 3D sections
- BIMx virtual walk
- 3D model of the object also for mobile devices – a variety of file formats
- possibility of additional data packets